30 Nisan 2013 Salı

EDELZWICKER BLEND WINE

EDELZWICKER BLEND WINE
My love for wine took me all the way down to spectacular wine growing region of Alsace. The last week of March was definately not the best time to visit the region since it was still quiete cold, but since this trip was my birthday present to myself; I shouldn't be complaining about the cold! I've had already tried some very good Alsatian wines before I went there but only there, I've learned about the "Edelzwicker Blend". I've tried that in one of the typical restaurants and simply enjoyed a lot! Then searching about it, I've figured out that:

"Edelzwicker is an Alsatian term taken from the German words edel (noble) and zwicker (blend). The term dates back to 1644 and it was applied to differentiate those called noble ones from the lesser quality grapes. Riesling, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer and Muscat fell into noble category while Pinot Blanc, Sylvaner, Chasselas and Auxerrois were on the other side... Edelzwicker wines were made only from noble varieties until 1970 when the term was deregulated. 

As there are so many blendin possibilities, it is extremely difficult to narrow down the flavor profile of the Edelzwicker wines. However they tend to have a clear yellow coloring and fragnant aromas.
Best with salads!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder