18 Ocak 2013 Cuma

2008 Scala Dei Negre, Priorat DOCa, Spain


2008 Scala Dei Negre, Priorat DOCa, Spain


I bought this wine from Barajas airport. I know that Priorat is a very special and tiny wine growing region in Catalonia. It's the second region to be qualified as a DOCa  after Rioja which is the highest qualification level for a wine region according to the Spanish wine regulations. So my expectations from a priorat is always high. The grape type is a classic blend of carinena and garnacha (known as carignan and grenache in France) which are both producing strong structured wines. This particular one though has not been my favorite Priorat, I found it above the average but not a best one. I would always pay for a good Priorat but not for this one again. Costs around 14 Euros. 14.5% alcohol.


Here is an excellent link about the winery : 
http://www.aveniubrands.com/wp-content/uploads/assets/ScalaDei_FY12_Accolade.pdf

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder