21 Ocak 2013 Pazartesi

2011 Burgerspital zum Heiligen Geist Wurzburger Stein Silvaner Kabinett Trocken, Franken, Germany


2011 Burgerspital zum Heiligen Geist Wurzburger Stein Silvaner Kabinett Trocken, Franken, Germany


Here's a white wine that I would buy over and over again! For the last few years I've been reading and wondering about the German white wines and actually whenever I go to Germany I put at least one bottle of Riesling in my suitcase. But ultimately I was reading about the wines of the "Franconia" region  and wishing to taste their award winning "Silvaner". The last time I went to Germany to enjoy the Christmas markets, I didn't forget about it and carried one bottle of Silvaner Trocken (dry) back home! What a choice and what a decision! Definately from now on Franconia is on my top list for visiting its wineries (and breweries as well)!

High alcohol rate of 13,4% but it's so very well balanced that you don't feel it. Very good taste and above all only 10Euros! I love the distinctive bottle shape as well.

Here's an excellent link about the subject!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mary-orlin/german-wines_b_1728842.html

The Best German Wines You've Never Heard Of

Whenever someone talks about German wine, it's usually about Riesling. The noble grape defines Germany, especially when it is from the Mosel or Rhinegau regions. This glorious varietal makes some killer wines -- and no, not all of them are sweet.  In fact many good bottlings are labeled "trocken."  That means dry. You should ask for and try the trocken Rieslings without fear.
While you've most likely heard of Riesling, you may not know about Franken wine.  Not Frankenstein wine but Franken wine.  Franconia (Franken) is one of the 13 wine regions in Germany.  I've known about this region for years thanks to my mother bringing bottles home from her German travels.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder